The Cloud Platform for Rapid Database App Development !
Watch the Tutorial Videos here.
Latest Features? Release Notes here.
Guide to ParaSQL Best Practices here.
See the REST API documentation here or the DOM API documentation here.
Info about Dedicated Servers here.
Questions ? Email support: email@example.com.
Support hours are 09:00 - 18:00 EMEA (Amsterdam).
How secure is it?
- Very. We get asked this question a lot. ParaSQL runs 100% on the Google Cloud Platform; the app servers, database servers, storage, security and authentication for ParaSQL are all underpinned by Google. All users are authenticated not only at the application level, but importantly also at the database level using role based security. All data is encrypted both in transit (SSL with PFS) and at rest, including data stored in database tables, temporary files, and backups. If you store document files in your database, these are stored privately in your account's own GCS bucket and access is only granted via digitally-signed and time-expired download links. We believe this level of cloud security is among the best in the industry. ISO/IEC 27001 compliant. Our dedicated server plans take security a step further by placing your data in a dedicated database server for greater isolation. Read Cybersecurity 2015: Protect Your Business to get a feeling for just how secure ParaSQL infrastructure really is. We think you will be impressed.
- What privacy and security certifications are there?
- ParaSQL runs on the following Google Cloud Platform services: Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Datastore. These are independently certified to ISO27017 for cloud security and ISO27018 for privacy. They are also certified to ISO27001 as previously mentioned. Details on these certifications can be found here. Also, Google was recently given an "Authorization to Operate" by FedRamp allowing US federal agencies to use Google's infrastructure. Google is the first cloud provider to have received this authorization for its entire infrastructure (as opposed to a subset dedicated to government).
- If I develop an app using my login, can I later give the app to a different user or team?
- Yes! So long as you have Administrator permission on the other database account, you can use the File > Copy App to... command in ParaSQL.
- Can I get a full back up copy of my database?
- Yes! The options for doing this depend upon your plan:
- If you have an account with a dedicated server, you can use mysqldump to generate a full local backup at any time. Accounts with a dedicated server also provide full access to the GCS bucket holding all documents and images that are stored in your database.
- All accounts can export data into CSV files on a table-by-table basis (see File > Export data...). If you do not have a dedicated server account but need a full SQL dump of your database, you can arrange for ParaSQL support to provide one.
- What happens when my free trial ends?
- If you do not sign up for one of our paid accounts by the end of your trial period, your account will be frozen. To unfreeze your account, simply login and sign up for the account package that works best for you. Any account that has been frozen for more than 60 days is subject to automatic deletion.